Hotmail is the oldest free web based email service to come up on the internet. Hotmail went live in 1996 and from then on it has seen a whirlwind of changes. The latest being that the emailing service was acquired by software giant company Microsoft. This acquisition has given a fresh life to the Hotmail service as it is now known as Outlook.com. Hotmail is no more available and whenever you type www.hotmail.com in your web browser, you will be taken to the Outloook.com website. But, there is nothing to worry. Your Hotmail email address works with Outlook.com and you will be able to send and receive messages from your Hotmail email account like before. The only change is that you will now be able to access your account through Outlook.com.
It is not a difficult task to sign in to your Hotmail create account through the Outlook website of Microsoft. The procedure you used to sign in to Hotmail stands the same. The following is the step by step process on how it is done.
- Open a new web browser and type the address www.outlook.com. You will instantly be taken to the Outklook.com log in page.
- Here, you will be required to key in your log in details. In the username field, you should type in your hotmail username or email address.
- In the password type box, you must enter your Hotmail password exactly the same one that you used when creating your Hotmail account.
- Once both the fields are entered correctly, just click here on the login option and you will be directed to your Hotmail inbox.
- You can now check out your new mails as well as compose new messages like you did in Hotmail inbox.
Keep Me Signed In Option
Outlook.com offers you the option of choosing the ‘keep me signed in’ option that will help you to sign in to your Hotmail account without entering your password. This will save you some of your valuable time and you can reach your inbox quickly. For this, you will have to visit the Outlook.com home page and key in your Hotmail login details like gmail users: username and password in the respective boxes provided. Now, check on the ‘keep me signed in’ tab before clicking on the sign in option. Now, Hotmail.com will remember you whenever you log in to your Hotmail email account using the same computer. So, next time you check in to your Hotmail account, you will just have to enter your username or email address and click on sign in to enter into your Hotmail inbox. If you are signing in from a different computer, then you will need to enter both the username and the password to access your Hotmail account.
With the acquisition of Hotmail by Microsoft, you have the freedom to access all web based services like Skype, Microsoft Office, MSN, Bing, One Drive, Xbox and Windows Phone offered by Microsoft using the same Hotmail login details.