Gmail.com is one of the most popular free web based email service that you will come across on the internet. If you have a Gmail account, then you will be able to send and receive mails from friends, relatives, family members and business contacts. Gmail is widely accessible and you can access the Gmail account not just through laptops or personal computers, but also through your handheld devices like Smartphones and tablets. You can easily check out your mails and send mails to your friends or business clients using your handheld devices while on the go. You can use Gmail in any of the wireless devices you have and all the device needs is an internet connection.
Logging On The Web
- Go to the www.gmail.com homepage and click on the sign in option you find on the top right corner of the Google homepage.
- In the landing ‘One Account. All of Google” page, type your email id or the username and the password that you had used when creating your Gmail account in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Sign in button below to enter into your Gmail account.
Logging In An Android Phone
If you are using an Android Smartphone, then choose the Gmail option that you come across on the Home screen of your phone. You will be instantly logged in to your Gmail account once you tap on the Gmail option by default. You can add another account by tapping on the menu button on your phone and get access to additional options. Click on the Accounts option and then choose ‘add an account’ option. Just follow on screen prompt to log on to your Gmail account.
Logging Using iOS Device
If you are using an Apple iPhone or iPad, then you need to follow the simple steps given below to access your Gmail account.
- Choose your home screen and locate the Settings option. Tap on this and scroll down to find “Mail, Contacts, Calendar” option and tap on it.
- Now in the Accounts option, tap on Add account option and tap on Google when you are prompted to choose your email service provider.
- Now you will be asked to enter your Gmail username and password. Enter the correct details in the appropriate boxes and tap on the Sign in button. You will now be logged in to your Gmail account.
Accessing Gmail On Blackberry
You need to navigate through the Home Screen of the Blackberry device to locate the Settings option. Tap on it and look for the Accounts option. Tap on it and you will be taken to add account page where you will find the Email, Calendar and Contacts option. Tap on it and choose Internet Mail Account when asked to choose an email account type. A list of internet mail service providers will show up on your phone screen. Tap on Gmail option and you will be taken into Gmail sign in page. Enter your username and password in the appropriate boxes and tap on Sign in option to start using your Gmail account.